For week 2:
1) Post a short summary of the second section of your book. This should be one or more paragraphs and be similar to a Sparks Notes or Cliff's Notes version of the pages covered. Make sure the summary makes it so someone who has not read your book might understand the reading in a conversation.
2) Find 10 "loaded words" (words used for extreme emotional effect; strong connotation words) in your reading.
- List the word
- Identify the page the word came from
- Explain why you feel the word is loaded and its intended connotative feeling
- Predict why the author chose that specific word
3) Write a journal post of your reaction to the reading for this week.
DUE: Sunday, September 30, 2007